Welcome to Rico 3!
used to create rich, highly interactive web applications.
Rico is released under the Apache Licence, Version 2.0.
This allows you to use Rico in nearly all circumstances, commercial and non-commercial, and to modify it as you see fit.
Read the full license description at the Apache web site.
Previous versions of Rico have relied on the excellent
library to provide a base level of cross-browser functions.
Rico 3 has been redesigned to work
adapter layer to bridge the differences between each library.
Thus, you are no longer be required to load Prototype in order to run Rico.
Of course you can if you choose to, but you can also run it with
or BBC Glow.
Functions supported by Rico 3 include:
- Event model, Ajax model, Animation model, and CSS selector model tied to the base library, but adapters
provide common calling conventions (since Prototype does not include animation support,
the adapter for Prototype provides this support).
- pop-up "windows", calendars, trees, color-pickers, and menus with shadows
- scrolling grids with frozen columns and headings that can be
populated with static content or dynamically loaded via AJAX.
- localization support functions, with calendars and standard grid menus provided in
English, French, German, Italian, Portugese, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Ukranian
- number and date formatting
- A variety of Rico themes are included, or you can use jQuery Themeroller themes,
or you can create your own. You can use any theme, with any base library, with any supported browser (the jQuery library is not required to use the
- Console logging to support debugging